Michigan Fosters is proud to announce the opening of Journey Home, fittingly located at the corner of 8th & Hope in Holland. This home provides a welcoming and neutral space for families involved in the foster care system and is a place of comfort for children on their journey home.
Journey Home is a physical house in Ottawa County that is a gathering place for those within the foster care system. Through this house, we support families in their own journeys home by:
- giving children a more comfortable setting to wait as a placement is found.
- providing a more natural environment for families during parenting time, allowing them to engage in everyday activities like cooking dinner, baking, or walking to a local park.
- hosting families in care for special events such as birthdays and holiday gatherings.
- being neutral ground for Family Team Meetings between parents, foster parents, and agencies.
- hosting foster parent support groups and the Michigan Youth Opportunities Initiative.
- supporting foster care trainings and serving as a central location for resources.
“We’re creating revolutionary change to the foster care system. “