a home-like environment for families in care to meet for visits.
Journey Home, fittingly located at the corner of 8th & Hope in Holland opened in March of 2021. This home provides a welcoming and neutral space for families involved in the foster care system and is a place of comfort for children on their journey home.
INSIDE JOURNEY HOME
We’re creating revolutionary change to the foster care system.
But we need your help to grow our programming. Journey Home is just one program we offer our foster community. Join the Journey today by becoming a partner of Michigan Fosters.
Journey Home is a physical house in Ottawa County that is a gathering place for those within the foster care system. Through this house, we support families in their own journeys home by:
- giving children a more comfortable setting to wait as a placement is found.
- providing a more natural environment for families during parenting time, allowing them to engage in everyday activities like cooking dinner, baking, or walking to a local park.
- hosting families in care for special events such as birthdays and holiday gatherings.
- being neutral ground for Family Team Meetings between parents, foster parents, and agencies.
- hosting foster parent support groups and the Michigan Youth Opportunities Initiative.
- supporting foster care trainings and serving as a central location for resources.